- Property Description
- Hotel Selling Points
- Destination Selling Points
- Rates & Reservations
- Hotel Promotions
- Location Map
“There are many reasons for the hotel’s allure: the bright, spacious rooms are orchid-filled and fruit-laden…while the charming and cheerful staff manage to convey an unswerving belief that the appearance of each and every guest has added immeasurably to their day.”
— Guardian Unlimited
Come home to a perfect Alpine holiday. Family owned and run for 50 years, the Thurnher’s Alpenhof luxury ski resort opens its doors each winter to travelers who come to explore the snow-covered wonderland of Zurs, Austria.
The Thurnher’s Alpenhof envelops guests with the sense that they have been welcomed to a gracious private home. Gourmet breakfast buffet, traditional afternoon Austrian snacks and sumptuous five- to seven-course dinners at the Alpenhof’s renowned restaurant – all are included in the stay for a luxury ski vacation that is truly carefree.
The Alpenhof’s distinctive design successfully blends the traditional charms of an Alpine lodge with dramatic flourishes: A bold, sweeping curve of a mantel frames a blazing fire in the lobby, where cozy niches invite tete-a-tetes. Spacious rooms and suites, some with their own whirlpools and fireplaces, are impeccably furnished with antiques and hand-painted furniture.
The luxurious Spa Suite, complete with a spa bath with private whirlpool and steam shower, offers guests the opportunity for in-room massages with its integrated massage table.
Guests of the Alpenhof enjoy ski-out access to many of Zurs’ acclaimed ski slopes, as well as the complimentary services of a sports and activity trainer — a certified ski trainer and guide who is equally at home entertaining youngsters with trips to the in-house cinema and carefree romps in the snow. At the end of the day, guests can retreat to the hotel’s health club for soothing water therapy. Night might bring a romantic torchlight hike with Austrian baked apples and punch. Or, a venture into a lively Alberg club to dance the night away.
Sports and Recreation
Ski instruction: The Thurnher’s Alpenhof is the only hotel on the Arlberg to have its own ski instructor, Roman Dornauer, whose services are offered free of charge to hotel guests.
Ski kindergarten: Youngsters ages 3 and up enjoy lessons of their own, Sunday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Snow sports: Zurs holds many pleasures for the winter sports enthusiast, including downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, his-and-her ski races, snowboarding, and ice skating. A ski-in/ski-out hotel, the Alpenhof can acquire ski passes on behalf of its guests and arrange for skis to be ground and polished. Other activities in the hotel’s varied leisure program include paragliding, heli-skiing, toboggan runs and romantic torchlight processions.
Tennis: Tennis courts are located nearby (4km).
Personal Trainer: “Mr. Universe Fitness” is on hand to assist guests with diet and fitness consultations, health checks, etc.
Other on-site activities: Guests can enjoy a round of table tennis or billiards at the Alpenhof, or even a movie in the resort’s own small cinema.
Children’s Program: The Alpenhof offers a variety of supervised activities for the children of its guests.
Dining and Events
The Alpenhof Restaurant: As famous as the hotel itself, this acclaimed restaurant, awarded 15 points by Gault-Millau, serves local and international specialties by candlelight, courtesy of master Chef de Cuisine Franz Woegerer.
The Stuble: Guests enjoy Austrian and international gourmet cuisine presented in formal surroundings and accompanied by live music at the piano bar, with its panoramic mountain views.
Milchbar: This lifestyle cafe, right next to the Zursersee lift, serves refreshing coffee drinks and milkshakes as well as regional delicacies.
Sun Terrace: Guests can relax on the hotel’s rooftop terrace to enjoy sweeping views of the surrounding mountains.
Conferences: Thurnher’s Alpenhof’s elegant conference room hosts meetings, incentives and product presentations (maximum 50 persons). The inn also serves as a romantic and distinctive setting for wedding receptions.
Spa and Wellness
Spa-goers can relax and recover in the newly renovated spa after a day on the ski slopes or a long walk. Among the services:
- Diving pool with water from our own spring
- Indoor pool with jet stream
- Finnish Sauna, Bio Sauna & steam bath
- Relaxation area
- Massages & treatments
- Fitness room
- Free program arranged by the hotel’s own sport and leisure instructor
- Aerobics, stretching and water gymnastics
- Panoramic roof terrace
Thurnher’s Shop: Thurnher’s Shop, which was formerly located by the Zürser See lift, has now opened in the hotel itself. Here there is plenty to be discovered: couture highlights from the world’s fashion capitals, jewelery and handbags as well selected home accessories in the typical style of the hotel are curated by Dr. Beatrice Zarges and her daughter Stephanie Zarges-Vogel during their regular trips to Paris, London and Milan.
Top Thurnher’s Alpenhof Selling Points
- Family run since its opening 50 years ago.
- Exclusively dedicated to winter sports.
- Prime location right next to the world-famous Zurs ski school, at a height of 1,780 meters, in one of the most sophisticated yet cozy ski resorts in Austria.
- The only hotel in the Arlberg region to provide its own certified ski and snowboard teacher free of charge to guests.
- Intimate in scale and warm in hospitality, with only 14 rooms and 24 suites, all individually decorated.
- Classic furnishings blended with contemporary comforts, with wonderful antiques and modern art juxtaposed throughout the hotel.
- One of Austria’s finest restaurants, helmed by Chef Franz Woegerer, and an exceptional wine selection.
- Expansive mountain views from panoramic windows.
- High-speed WiFi throughout the hotel.
- A fruit basket and homemade Austrian Gugelhupf cake as a welcome gift in every room.
- Exceptional level of service, including 24-hour room service, concierge, unpacking and packing service, ski grinding and waxing, shoe cleaning, private ski instruction, babysitting, children’s program and children’s dinners, and more.
- Leisure room with billiards, table tennis, Nintendo Wii, and cinema.
- Sports and leisure supervisor with an extensive program.
- An extraordinary array of winter sport activities, including ski excursions, ski tours, ski races with picnics in the snow, paragliding, sledging evenings, heli-skiing, snowboarding, carving, cross-country skiing, curling, and skating.
Top Lech/Zurs Selling Points
- Easy to access from Zurich Airport (2 hr), Innsbruck Airport (1.5 hr) and Friedrichshafen (1.5 hr), as well as via train service to Langen, just a short taxi ride to the hotel.
- One of the best ski regions in the world: best freerider ski region, ski region test winner, six-time five-star Top Resort, and one of a distinguished circle of 12 locations dubbed Best of the Alps.
- Awarded “most beautiful village in Europe” in 2004.
- Guaranteed snow, world-famous hospitality, tradition, and tranquility have drawn winter sports enthusiasts from around the world for more than a century.
- Snow activities: Skiing, snowboarding, heliskiing, winter hiking, cross-country skiing, tobogganing, horse-drawn sleigh rides, tandem paragliding, ice skating, icefall climbing.
- For non-skiers, an exceptional destination for walkers, gourmets, and culture lovers.
- Cultural attractions: the Gothic-style church of St. Nicholas, built around 1390 by Walser migrants; the historic Huber House, built in 1590 and now a museum; the Kastle-Museum, and Walsermuseum Lech.
Click here to check rates and availability or to confirm a reservation at Thurnher’s Alpenhof
|4 = 3 Ski / Spa / Gourmet Pleasures||View Package|
|Family Time||View Package|
|Snow & Soul||View Package|
Click here for a list of current promotions at Thurnher’s Alpenhof
Prinz-Karl-Str.44; 82319 Starnberg
Phone: (43) (55) (83) 21 91
Fax: (43) (55) 83-33-30