- Property Description
- Hotel Selling Points
- Destination Selling Points
- Rates & Reservations
- Hotel Promotions
- Location Map
“Loved by Guests” Award 2021
Presiding over the Golden Mile in Summerstrand, just a short stroll from Blue Flag-awarded Hobie Beach, The Boardwalk Hotel offers luxury oceanfront accommodations, a casino, Africology spa, and endless dining and entertainment options — all within easy reach of Port Elizabeth’s most popular attractions. With its classic Victorian architecture, the hotel evokes the romance of this charming South African city’s seafaring history while its grand musical fountain, complete with choreographed light shows, perfectly captures its playful spirit. All of The Boardwalk’s 140 guest rooms feature balconies facing the Indian Ocean, affording fresh sea breezes and spectacular views from every room.
Hotel guests enjoy direct access to the Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment World, which features the only licensed casino in Port Elizabeth, for round-the-clock excitement and entertainment. A diverse array of restaurants represents a world of flavors, from local South African favorites to Greek, Italian, Mediterranean and Asian. The casino, restaurants, shops, a cinema, and other entertainment options line the banks of a serene lake. Arcade games, a Victorian-style carousel, adventure golf, and go-carting are among the many activities for the young and young at heart, while the warm waters of the Indian Ocean entice swimmers and water sports enthusiasts year-round.
Kiplings Brasserie: Serving buffet breakfast and a la carte dinner, Kiplings takes guests on a gourmet journey inspired by the finest local ingredients.
Tshawe Bar: Named for King Tshawe, this welcoming bar serves premium beverages and fine cigars.
Lobby Lounge: High tea is a daily highlight in this spacious, sun-filled space, with sweeping views of the Indian Ocean. Open for light meals daily.
The Bayside Pantry: Renowned for its gourmet buffets, this refreshing spot offers a selection of freshly cooked dishes, from salads and seafood to a carver and desserts.
Bravo Bar: This casino bar offers live entertainment and karaoke, and is the hot spot for sports fans on game day.
Charter Club Bar: Located in the casino’s exclusive Salon Prive, this private area is for players who enjoy secluded gaming and features a full-service bar and snack menu.
Coast: Leisurely family dining in a cosmopolitan setting distinguishes this restaurant, with a menu focusing on seafood and grill items accompanied by an impressive wine list.
Col’Cacchio: A family-friendly pizzeria serving high-quality food in a relaxed atmosphere.
Craft: Craft is a trendy gastro-diner serving original burger combinations, legendary ribs, specialty beers and cocktails, and signature milkshakes.
News Cafe: Famous for its cocktails and live DJ sets every Friday night, News Cafe serves a variety of tempting fare.
Red Rock Spur: The place to enjoy a perfect steak or burger in a family-friendly setting.
Yi Pin: Port Elizabeth’s finest and most authentic Asian restaurant.
The International Convention Centre at The Boardwalk is the largest conference venue in Port Elizabeth, at more than 32,000 square feet. Its multifunctional space includes conference and meeting rooms that can be combined to host any size event, from conferences, meetings and exhibits to concerts and social events.
The Boardwalk Casino & Entertainment World: Open around the clock, seven days a week, The Boardwalk Casino is the only licensed casino in the Nelson Mandela Bay area. It features hundred of slot machines and table games, and offers smoking and non-smoking facilities. The entertainment complex also includes shops, restaurants, a cinema, the Boardwalk Amphitheatre premier event venue, children’s rides, adventure golf, a supervised Kids Corner, arcade and interactive games, and a lake featuring a multi-media fountain and light show.
Africology Spa: Located within the hotel, the eco-friendly Africology Spa is among Port Elizabeth’s finest. It features an indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room, fitness center, healing herb garden and a hydrotherapy cold water walkway. Guests can choose from a selection of day packages, holistic massages, therapeutic facials, manicures and pedicures, body wraps, hydrotherapy, and grooming packages.
Golf: Guests can book tee times at The Humewood Links Golf Club 10 minutes from The Boardwalk.
Top Selling Points of The Boardwalk:
- The Boardwalk’s stunning beachfront location is the ideal resort for locals, tourists and corporate travelers.
- Secure and direct access to a vibrant entertainment precinct designed around a lake and offering a choice of al fresco restaurants, specialty shops, a casino, cinema, amphitheatre, and children’s entertainment facilities.
- Victorian architecture combined with contemporary charm and panoramic views of golden beaches, Shark Rock Pier and the Indian Ocean.
- Guest rooms are comfortably appointed in a mid-century décor style with modern conveniences such as LED TVs, luxurious beds, mini-bars and balconies offering views of the Indian Ocean.
- High Tea in the hotel lobby
- Multi-media lake spectacular with a musical fountain choreographed to dance in time to popular music.
- Positioned on the Golden Mile, within easy walking distance to Hobie Beach.
- Airport shuttle service and complimentary parking at the hotel.
- Free, uncapped high speed Wifi throughout the hotel and rooms.
- Fully-equipped business center and several boardrooms with modern facilities and technology
Top Selling Points of Port Elizabeth (Eastern Cape), South Africa:
- Access to beaches, rivers, lagoons and hiking trails.
- Coastal drives to Addo Elephant National Park, the Tsitsikamma Forest and the rugged Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve.
- Surfing with dolphins.
- Bungee from one of the highest points in the world.
- Explore the picturesque 1820 Settler authenticity of Grahamstown and Bathhurst.
- Protected areas for swimming, fishing, surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and sailing.
- Day trip to the Tsitsikamma National Park, and get close to one of the Big 7 in Addo Elephant National Park – 72km away. The park is also sanctuary to a multitude of other wildlife species and offers a range of exciting eco-activities such as horse trails, 4×4 trail, hiking trails, game viewing, guided game drives and viewing.
- Take a walk through Settler history – the 5km Donkin Heritage Trail is a self-guided walk marked with a blue staggered line that takes you past 47 places of historical interest in the old Hill area of central Port Elizabeth.
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum.
- Tsitsikamma National Park – The Tsitsikamma’s spectacular scenery includes Indian Ocean breakers, rocky shores beneath 180m high cliffs, beautiful indigenous forest and Fynbos (Cape Floral Kingdom).
- Storms River Adventures – On offer are activities in and around the Tsitsikamma Park including canopy tours and walking trails.
- Bloukrans River Bridge Bungee Jumping – Situated along the Garden Route at the Tsitsikamma Forest Village Market, you will find the highest bungee jump in the world. The Bloukrans Bridge is 216 meters (709 feet) above the Bloukrans River.
Click here to check rates and availability or to confirm a reservation at The Boardwalk
|Advance Purchase Offer||View Package|
|Book 4 and Save||View Package|
Click here for a list of current promotions at The Boardwalk