- Property Description
- Hotel Selling Points
- Destination Selling Points
- Rates & Reservations
- Hotel Promotions
- Location Map
Certificate of Excellence 2018
Best Conference Locations in Switzerland
Swiss Location Award 2018
St. Gallen’s finest hotel presides over the historic center of this charming Swiss town, known for its rich textile tradition dating back to the Middle Ages, world-famous UNESCO Abbey District, and abundance of world-class wellness institutions. Housed in a five-story, neo-classical building at the edge of Old Town’s pedestrian zone, The Einstein is decorated throughout with fine fabrics from St. Gallen’s top textile shops.
The Einstein’s historic 1830 building was originally owned by the widow of a textile supplier who ran a finishing atelier within its halls, and was later acquired by embroidery manufacturer Isaak David Einstein. It opened its doors as a hotel in 1983 and today offers guests 113 luxurious rooms and suites, fine dining with rooftop views of Old Town, and an extensive fitness center and spa that is among the most modern in Switzerland. Within the hotel’s attic are several exceptional apartments available for longer-term stays.
Einstein Gourmet: Honored with two Michelin stars, 18 Gault-Millau points and two glasses by Wine Spectator, The Einstein’s fine-dining restaurant is a showcase of modern French cuisine led by the creative and highly talented culinary team of Sebastian Zier and Moses Ceylan. In addition to a sophisticated menu, guests are treated to spectacular rooftop views of historic St. Gallen.
Bistro St. Gallen: Serving three meals daily in a relaxed, bistro setting, this excellent casual restaurant offers a breakfast buffet followed by a regional set menu and a la carte dishes for lunch and dinner. Desserts and snacks are available throughout the day.
Einstein Bar: Locals and guests alike flock to the stylish Einstein Bar for the English-style pub ambience and extensive menu of 100 whiskies, beer from the barrel, fine wines, and cocktails. The bar hosts popular monthly music events.
Davidoff Cigar Lounge: Adjoining the Einstein Bar, this sophisticated lounge offers a selection of more than 70 cigars, including a wide range from the Dominican Republic and Cuba.
Meetings and Events
The Einstein Congress opened in 2009 and is the leading event site in eastern Switzerland. Spanning five floors, its 15 elegant rooms feature the latest technology and are suited for events of all kinds, both business and social. They range from a boardroom accommodating 14 for high-powered executive meetings to the expansive Einstein Hall for gatherings of up to 400.
Spa and Wellness
The Einstein’s 3,000-square-meter fitness and wellness area includes state-of-the-art strength training and cardio equipment, personal training and group classes; a spa with crystal bath, steam and soft bath, and ice grotto; and a roof garden for lounging pre- and post treatment. Guests can select from a full menu of massage and body treatments.
Medical tourists can avail themselves of The Einstein’s in-house doctors as well as the hotel’s relationships with three leading organizations: Medbase St. Gallen for preventive and diagnostic medicine, Paracelsus Clinic Lustmuhle AG, Teufen for biological medicine, and Dr. Nikolause Linde for medical beauty and anti-aging. Private individual transfers are available to and from these institutions. Special menus can also be arranged to suit diets ranging from vegetarian and vegan to lactose- and gluten-free.
Top Selling Points of Einstein St. Gallen:
- The leading hotel in St. Gallen.
- Perfect location in the heart of St. Gallen next to the UNESCO world heritage site and old town.
- Spacious rooms and suites furnished with the finest materials, including marble and cherry wood. Accommodations are comprised of fabrics of the highest St. Gallen quality, pure silk curtains, bed linens of the finest cotton, down duvets, high quality mattresses and lamb’s wool rugs or parquet floors.
- A designated “Ladies Floor” that has spacious bathrooms which include a bath tub. Additional amenities include jewelry box, yoga mat, flowers, bath salts, docking station, women’s magazines and Nespresso coffee machine, etc.
- The Gourmet Restaurant in St. Gallen has been honored with 18 Points Gault-Millau, 2 Star Michelin and two glasses by Wine Spectator. Executive duo Sebastian Zier & Moses Ceylan prepare avant-garde French cuisine at the highest level.
- The Einstein Bar, with “an English-style club atmosphere”, offers cocktails, over 100 whiskies, fine wines and local beers from the barrel.
- A state-of-the-art “Fitness Park” with the most modern fitness equipment and an ultra-modern wellness area that offers an atmospheric pool in the atrium, an ice grotto, steam bath and individual treatments and massage programs.
- The Einstein Congress, with 15 elegant rooms spread over 5 floors, offers a variety of options for corporate meetings and events of any kind.
- The Einstein provides a number of exciting packages and promotions for leisure travelers, couples, families, business travelers and groups.
- Proud member of Swiss Premium Hotels.
- The Einstein features its own Vinothek “Weinstein” with an exclusive selection of wines from Switzerland, Bordeaux and Champagne.
Top Selling Points of St. Gallen:
- St. Gallen’s most famous landmark is its Baroque cathedral and Abbey Library which houses some 170,000 documents, some dating back over a thousand years. The entire Abbey precinct was declared a UNESCO world cultural heritage site in 1983.
- An excellent location in the four-country corner – Switzerland, Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein – makes St. Gallen the best starting point for excursions into the Appenzellerland with the Saentis, and to Lake Constance.
- Some of the best hiking trails in Switzerland.
- Some of the best biking trails in Switzerland.
- Six unique museums, including the world-renowned Textile Museum.
- Theatre St. Gallen offers operas, operettas, ballet, and musical performances.
- The Concert Hall offers a variety of events including classic, symphony and jazz performances.
- Lovely shopping center just steps from the hotel.
- The old town of St. Gallen is almost devoid of traffic and therefore best enjoyed on foot.
- Botanical Garden with over 8,000 plants.
- The Peter and Paul Wildlife Park offers an opportunity to see and learn about the local wildlife.
- Drei Weieren (Three Ponds) are an oasis of peace in the middle of the city. The Ponds (which were originally built by the monastery for their water needs) with their art nouveau bath houses are a popular destination for outings and as a swimming spot.
to check rates and availability or to confirm a reservation at Einstein St. Gallen
All rooms are equipped with writing desk with broadband, free LAN and WLAN Internet access, WiFi, minibar, safe, radio/TV, direct dial telephone and hair dryer.
The rooms of the Superior Category as well as the Ladies’ Floors are equipped with a docking station, Nespresso machines and air-conditioning. On the ladies floor more amenities for the ladies can be found. Smoker’s rooms can be provided on request.
Exclusive for the guests of the Einstein St.Gallen: A menu of luxurious pillows by Dauny – choose your favorite and have it delivered to your room.
|Flying High Through the World of Flavors||View Package|
|Textile Package||View Package|
Click here for a full listing of current promotions at Einstein St. Gallen.
Amadeus: BT QGLIEN
Worldspan: BT ZRHEI
Pegasus: BT 65842
Galileo/Apollo: BT 66934