- Property Description
- Hotel Selling Points
- Destination Selling Points
- Rates & Reservations
- Hotel Promotions
- Location Map
A beloved Kenyan landmark since 1904, Fairmont The Norfolk is a serene oasis in the heart of modern Nairobi and a launch point for once-in-a-lifetime safari adventures. The refurbished resort features 170 guest rooms and suites, a heated outdoor swimming pool tucked into lush gardens, a well-equipped health club, and a wide array of dining choices.
From the Fairmont’s beautifully landscaped tropical grounds, guests enjoy easy access both to wildlife attractions like Sheldrick’s Elephant Sanctuary and artisanal craft shops and modern shopping centers in downtown Nairobi. The resort’s proximity to the Central Business District makes it as ideal for corporate travelers as it is for leisure guests seeking a bucket-list-worthy vacation.
Lord Delamere Terrace: A storied gathering spot for Nairobi residents and resort guests alike, this cosmopolitan, open-air cafe offers simple, classic cuisine with continental, Italian and Asian influences.
Tatu: Dry-aged premium Kenyan Angus beef is the menu highlight of this contemporary American steakhouse, which also features coastal seafood and local Kenyan produce.
Cin Cin: This wine bar is known for its impressive selection of international wines, delectable bites, and charming courtyard.
The Tea Room: Guests can savor a wide selection of Kenyan teas and coffees in the romantic Colonial-era setting of The Tea Room.
The Pool Bar: Refreshing beverages and light fare are served poolside, surrounded by Fairmont The Norfolk’s lovely garden grounds.
Spa and Health Club
After a day of touring, guests can slip away to unwind at the resort’s tranquil spa, complete with steam bath, sauna and treatment rooms for a rejuvenating massage. The Health Club is stocked with state-of-the art exercise equipment and provides aerobics classes as well as one-on-one training.
Meetings and Weddings
Fairmont The Norfolk’s proximity to Nairobi’s largest convention center, as well as the historic hotel’s own eight conference and event spaces accommodating up to 200 attendees, makes it a top choice for corporate groups. The dedicated conference and events team ensures seamless events from executive board meetings to conventions.
Weddings at the Fairmont are exquisite affairs worthy of a once-in-a-lifetime event, thanks to a selection of distinctive venues from the elegant Colonnade to beautiful outdoor gardens. The hotel’s wedding specialists and award-winning culinary team work with each couple to create the wedding of their dreams.
Top FAIRMONT THE NORFOLK Selling Points:
- Nairobi’s only country house hotel – a calm oasis in the heart of the city
- Prime location just a short distance from city center, railway station and main convention center and trade fair grounds
- Outstanding meeting and business facilities, including the city’s notable meeting place – Lord Delamere Terrace
- Dedicated Conferences & Events team
- Certified wedding specialists and Nairobi’s premier wedding venue – The Colonnade
- Extensive recreational options including swimming, health club with personal trainers and daily classes, day spa with treatment rooms and cultural/shopping tours
Top NAIROBI Selling Points:
- Nairobi’s city center includes historical buildings such as the Parliament and the Kenyatta International Conference Center, the Kenya National Archives and Railway Museum, Uhuru Park, Central Park and the city market with its African artifacts.
- The National Museum with a collection of items showcasing origins of mankind and Kenya’s past and present cultural and natural heritage.
- The Snake Park with a variety of snakes including: cobras, puff adders, mambas and the rock python, which can only be found in Kenya. It is also home to a variety of crocodiles, the alligator, fresh water terrapins and tortoise.
- Nairobi National Park, located 9 Kms from The Norfolk Hotel, is a wildlife sanctuary home to a variety of animals including four of the Big Five. The park is noted for its resident Masai giraffes and impala, which can be seen gathering along the hippo pools on the Mbagathi river along with antelope, zebra and waterbucks. Bird watchers will appreciate the rich and diverse bird life at the park, and after the game drive one can take a “safari walk” at the animal orphanage where you will be able to feed some of the animals.
- The Karen Blixen Museum – opened to the public in 1986 – was for many years the home of Baroness Karen Blixen who came to Kenya from Denmark in the early part of the last century and is renowned for the novel “Out of Africa”. The present day museum site is at the heart of the coffee plantation run by Blixen between 1914 and 1931. The house still has some belongings and furniture owned by Karen Blixen as well as some pieces donated by the makers of the film, “Out of Africa”. It is also endowed with lavish beautiful gardens.
- The nearby elephant orphanage – part of the David Shedrick Conservation Foundation – houses young orphaned elephants and rhinos which are later released back into the wild.
- At the Giraffe Center, which is home to the endangered Rothschild Giraffes, visitors can feed the giraffes as well as hike on a nature trail through the surrounding upland forest exploring typical giraffe and warthog habitats.
- Visitors to the Bomas of Kenya can learn and experience how the different tribes in Kenya live with a tour through the makeshift manyattas and huts, as well as experience the traditional African beats from the cultural dancers.
- Lake Nakuru National Park – located in the expansive Great Rift Valley – is one of the few National Parks set up especially to protect bird life and has also been designated a rhino sanctuary. Both black and white rhinoceros thrive here, and this is one of the best places in Kenya to observe them. It is also famous for the pink lesser flamingos and the greater flamingos as well as a large population of mammals including leopards, lions, hyenas, Rothschild giraffes, waterbucks, baboons, impalas, buffalos, monkeys, warthogs, reedbucks and elands.
Click here to check rates and availability or to confirm a reservation at
Fairmont The Norfolk
Click here for a listing of current promotions at Fairmont The Norfolk
Wilson Airport: 15 km