- Property Description
- Hotel Selling Points
- Destination Selling Points
- Rates & Reservations
- Hotel Promotions
- Location Map
Top 20 Luxury Resort
~ Travel + Leisure
Surrounded on three sides by the breathtaking Mara River, Fairmont Mara Safari Club puts guests at the very threshold of one of the world’s finest wildlife destinations — Kenya’s renowned Masai Mara game reserve. Here, adventurous travelers can pursue glimpses of the Big Five (not to mention wildebeests, zebras and more) with an experienced safari guide via Land Cruiser, then return to the lodge for a dip in the free-form pool and an evening of sundowner cocktails, fine dining, and a sound night’s sleep in tented luxury.
Fairmont Mara Safari Club’s 51 tents are furnished with four-poster beds dressed in fine linens, solar-heated hot and cold running water, and refreshment centers, and wireless telephones via which guests can arrange private dining on their own viewing deck. In the main Lodge, guests can share stories of their day’s adventures in the comfort of the stylish lounge, savor fine international cuisine and fresh Kenyan produce in the gourmet Dining Room, and enjoy a cocktail under the stars on the large deck jutting over the river.
Rounding out the exceptional guest experience are nightly Maasai dancing performances and fascinating presentations on the local ecosystem and culture — the perfect cap to a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Dining Room: Natural light streams into the high-ceilinged dining room by day, while soft lighting creates a cozy atmosphere at night. A sophisticated menu of European, African and Asian dishes all showcase local Kenyan produce. Guests enjoy a wide array of specialties served buffet style at breakfast and lunch and table d’hôte with a choice of main course at dinner.
Lounge and main bar: Comfy leather seating arranged in intimate groupings and local artifacts create a classic hunting lodge ambience for Fairmont Mara Safari Club’s all-day lounge. Tea is served here every afternoon and in the evening, a welcoming fire casts a gentle glow. The lounge’s expansive veranda invites guests to step out for superb views of the hippo-filled river by day and the sweeping starlit sky by night.
Pool Bar: Refreshing snacks and beverages are served poolside, along with an al fresco lunch when weather permits.
Weddings and Social Events
Weddings at Fairmont Mara Safari Club are once-in-a-lifetime affairs not only for the happy couple but for their guests as well. The lodge’s maasai marriage ceremonies come complete with tribal costumes and are rich in maasai culture, from traditional dances and chanting to unforgettable moment a laibon pours milk on the newlyweds’ feet. “Out of the wild” receptions, sundowners, bush breakfasts, and more complete the experience.
The lodge can also arrange bush cocktails for groups that include lamps, camp fire, and cocktail snacks under the open sky at sunset
Top FAIRMONT MARA SAFARI CLUB Selling Points
- Ideal positioning on the ox-bow of the Mara River ensures that all en-suite tents have a view of the hippo-filled river from their private decks.
- Each room with pillow-top mattresses, fine linens, solar-powered hot and cold running water, a refreshment center, in-room safe and wireless telephone.
- Main lodge with warm reception area, retail shop, library with internet access, lounge area and dining room.
- Game drives guided by “driver-naturalists” in 4-wheel drive Land Cruisers.
- Outdoor pool at the club, along with al fresco buffet lunches, nightly activities of Maasai dancing, presentations and discussions on Mara’s ecosystem and Maasai culture.
Top MASAI MARA Selling Points
- The Masai Mara National Reserve, one of the Seven “New” Wonders of the World, is one of the world’s richest wildlife reserves, home to an astounding array of animals.
- Short and full-day game drives can be arranged, as well as bird walks and walking safaris.
- Balloon safaris are among the many exciting activities in the Masai Mara. Ride over the Mara plains and herds of wildlife before landing on the Mara plains for a celebratory sparkling wine breakfast (closed from April to June).
- Half-day fishing safaris bring you to the second largest fresh water lake in the world and the source of the River Nile – Lake Victoria – after a 40 minute flight. Fish for Nile Perch, some of which weigh over 200 lbs., look-out for the myriad varieties of bird-life, or just spend time watching the spectacular scenery from your boat. The rare spotted-necked otter is also to be found here.
- Shopping in the region is its own sport, from Sarit Centre in the affluent suburb of Westlands (a shopping mall referred to by locals as a ‘City Within a City’) to the sprawling City Market where bargaining at the stalls is the custom. Or, browse The Spinners Web and Zanzibar Curio Shop’s wide range of offerings including textiles, baskets, wall hangings, batiks, ebony/wood/soapstone carvings, and African semi-precious stones for that special souvenir purchase.
Click here to check rates and availability or to confirm a reservation at Fairmont Mara Safari Club.
Note: The Mara region of Kenya is not readily accessible by private car. Please feel free to speak with the knowledgeable reservations specialists at Fairmont Mara Safari Club about reserving professional ground transfer or a flight transfer to the Ngerende airstrip located just 10 minutes from the club.
Please contact Kenya.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +254 (0) 20 226 5555 for specific information and recommendations.
Click here for a listing of current promotions at Fairmont Mara Safari Club