- Property Description
- Hotel Selling Points
- Destination Selling Points
- Rates & Reservations
- Hotel Promotions
- Location Map
“Inns are the hymns praising the art of the innkeeper, made from an encounter between a story and a mood. They translate a faith in Man’s generosity, in his innate sense of hospitality.”
~ Alain Ducasse
In the very heart of the Coteaux Varois vineyards of Provence, Alain Ducasse has transformed an 18th-century country house into an intimate and truly exceptional five-star inn: The Hostellerie de l’Abbaye de la Celle. This 10-room inn, on the site of a Romanesque 12th-century royal Abbey, in a valley tucked betwen the Roc de Candélon and the Loube Mountains, is steeped in history and surrounded by natural beauty.
The inn’s lovely garden supplies the incomparable kitchen of the Hostellerie with a year-round bounty of vegetables, fruits and herbs, including many rare species. Chef Nicolas Pierantoni and his team create memorable menus based on the simple country cooking of the region. The result is a world-class dining experience that is pure Provencal.
The interior of L’Hostellerie de l’Abbaye de la Celle has been completely updated in a harmonious blend of contemporary living and historic ambience. The main building opens on the ground floor to a series of welcoming living spaces and a staircase leading to the guest rooms, which offer views of the market square or the tree-lined terrace. The Junior Suites of The Beguinage – an annex of the main house – enjoy private gardens and overlook the Coteaux Varois vineyards. The Inn also offers guests the modern comforts of air-conditioning, internet access, telephone, hair dryer, safe deposit box and minibar.
This is a place where guests can savor life’s simple pleasures: lounging by the heated swimming pool, strolling through the park and garden, or feasting on a picnic lunch in the beautiful countryside. There’s tennis in the village, golf at two nearby courses, horseback riding and motor sports – all within minutes of the inn. And in the evening, after a memorable dining experience, guests might relax with a superb glass of wine at the La Celle bar, or a good book in the cozy sitting room.
Hostellerie de l’Abbaye de la Celle is one of two exceptional inns in the Alain Ducasse Country Inns collection in Provence – the other is La Bastide de Moustiers.
Dining Rooms: The restaurant comprises three delightful rooms: Alsacie de Montpellier, Diane de Calluire and Louise de Castellane. With Moustiers tiles on the walls and wood paneling, sconces in Jean-Claude Novaro blown glass and a dinner service from the Ateliers du Soleil, each room maintains its own ambiance.
L’Hostellerie is a gourmand’s delight, thanks to Nicolas Pierantoni. Menus change with the seasons and market stall. The chef is passionate about his vegetables and uses local producers to source the best Provencal products.
Bar: Guests can savor fine wines and cocktails in l’Hostellerie’s cozy, light-filled bar or on the veranda overlooking the inn’s tree-lined park.
Picnics: The Provencal countryside beckons guests for a leisurely picnic, whether under a chestnut tree on the inn’s lovely park grounds or overlooking the vineyards of the Coteaux Varois. The kitchen can supply a picnic hamper filled with culinary treats for the occasion.
Cooking lessons: Guests interested in the art of authentic Provencal cuisine can arrange for a cooking lesson led by a member of the inn’s skilled culinary team, all of whom have studied under Alain Ducasse himself.
Wine Tastings: Guests can enjoy wine tastings at local area vineyards, including the Wine House of the Coteaux Varois in Provence (adjacent to the Inn).
Meetings and Events
The historic ambience of l’Hostellerie is an exceptional choice for executive retreats and other high-level meetings and catered events. The Salle Capitulaire of the inn’s 12th-century royal abbey, with its arched windows and vaulted ceilings, offers a truly dramatic setting for gatherings of 25 to 80 guests.
Swimming: An outdoor heated swimming pool is open in the summer months.
Bicycles: L’Hostellerie has bicycles available for guests’ use, ideal for exploring the surrounding countryside.
Golf: There are two golf courses within 15 km of the inn.
Tennis: L’Hostellerie guests can avail themselves of tennis courts in the village.
Top Selling Points for l’Hostellerie de l’Abbaye de la Celle
- A Maison Alain Ducasse with a Michelin-star restaurant serving fresh, authentic cuisine.
- Five-star boutique hotel steeped in the history of a 12th-century abbey, including a Benedictine chapter house and convent.
- Inviting green space, including a vegetable garden, aromatic garden, shaded terrace, 2.5 acres of park, and the Clos from the Vineyard Conservatory with 88 varieties.
- Unique, individually decorated rooms, each named for one of the Abbey’s famous nuns.
- On-site leisure activities, including cooking courses, wine courses, and wine tastings.
- Highly personalized services for a custom-tailored guest experience.
- Option to book the full inn for weddings, birthdays and business events.
- Exceptional facilities and services, including a heated swimming pool, shop, helipad, massages, and private parking.
- A wealth of local activities, including golf, horseback riding, cycling, tennis, and walking.
- Nearby cultural sites, including the Museum of les Gueules rouge, through which visitors can explore the history of Bauxite in Provence.
Top Green Provence Selling Points
- A region of beautiful countryside, dotted with traditional villages and rich in the art of living.
- A wealth of vineyards (Appellation Coteaux Varois en Provence) and the Wine House les Coteaux Varois en Provence, adjacent to the hotel, which introduces all the domains and cooepratives of the appellation.
- The 12th-century Benedictine Abbey.
- Cultural sites including the Museum of les Gueules rouges and Museum of Prehistory.
- For the active traveler, appealing outdoor activities from cycling and horseback riding to walking.
- Golf courses and tennis nearby.
- Proximity to Aix-en-Provence and Cannes.
- A one-hour drive from Nice and Marseille airports, and just half an hour from Aix en Provence train station.
|Beauty & Relaxation in Provence||View Package|
|Epicure Offer||View Package|
|Magic Christmas in Provence||View Package|
|New Year’s Eve in Provence||View Package|
|Wine & Gastronomy||View Package|
Click here for a listing of current promotions at Hostellerie de l’Abbaye de la Celle.