- Property Description
- Hotel Selling Points
- Destination Selling Points
- Rates & Reservations
- Hotel Promotions
- Location Map
~ World Luxury Hotel Awards 2015 ~
~ TripAdvisor 2015 Certificate of Excellence ~
~ TripAdvisor 2015 Hall of Fame ~
A stone’s throw from Juliet’s famous balcony, the magnificent Due Torri Hotel is situated in the historic center of Verona, near the church of Sant’Anastasia, Piazza Bra and the Arena.
Guests are drawn to the hotel for its superb furnishings, exceptional service and rich history. Known as Dell’Aquila Palace since the 14th century, and formerly owned by the prestigious Scaligeri family (Lords of Verona), the palace became an inn in 1674 and a grand hotel in 1882. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was once a guest of the hotel, which also served as the setting for the coronation in exile of Louis XVII of France and the signing of the treaty of Villafranca.
Spacious and inviting, its elegant rooms and suites are furnished with authentic period items in the Beidermeier or Empire style and outfitted with the most advanced technology. Precious tapestries drape the walls and bathrooms are of the finest pink marble.
Named for the world-renowned opera singer who often stayed at the Due Torri, the Maria Callas Suite is among the most requested in the hotel and overlooks the beautiful Piazza Santa Anastasia with its famous church.
The Due Torri Lounge & Restaurant, situated in the historic hall of the hotel, with its pillars and architectural elements dating from the 14th century, is considered to be one of Verona’s most fashionable meeting spots.
Due Torri Lounge & Restaurant: Awarded “Three Forks” from the Michelin Guide and set within the magnificent lobby, the Due Torri Lounge and Restaurant specializes in creative versions of traditional regional dishes along with excellent wines and cocktails. Classically elegant with contemporary touches, it is Verona’s hot spot for aperitifs, cocktails, elegant gala dinners and unique events.
Panoramic Terrace & Grill Restaurant: From this privileged observation point guests can take in the entire historic city centre of Verona including Lamberti Tower, the Duomo, the Church of Saint Anastasia, St. Peter’s Castle, and the Torricelle Hills, all while enjoying the culinary creations of Executive Chef Roberto Ottone.
Cafe Due Torri: Guests looking to enjoy light fare or sip on a cocktail or afternoon tea can visit the Cafe 7 days a week from 11:00 am to midnight.
Meeting and Events
The Due Torri can accommodate conferences, banquets and social affairs of up to 150 people. There are seven meeting rooms, all furnished with great attention to detail and fitted with the most advanced equipment. The most exclusive is the recently-restored Arena Casarini. This “little theatre” with frescoes in lively circus-like shades is ideal for meetings and conferences as well as cocktail parties, banquets or social events in the heart of Verona. Full-time technical assistance, secretarial services and audio/video recording are all available on request.
In addition, the hotel’s spacious lobby is a unique and compelling choice for exhibitions.
Within a short walk of the hotel are many of Verona’s top attractions. They include Chiesa di Sant’Anastasia (1 minute); Piazza delle Erbe (1 minute); Piazza dei Signori, also known as Piazza Dante (3 minutes); Juliet’s house (6 minutes); the Arena (11 minutes); and Piazza Bra (14 minutes).
Top Due Torri Hotel Selling Points
- The oldest and most prestigious five-star hotel in Verona
- Ideal location in Verona’s historic center, near the church of Saint Anastasia, a stone’s throw from Juliet’s famous balcony, Piazza Bra and the world-famous Arena.
- Short distance from the airport (20 min.) and train station (7-10 min.).
- Set within a historic palace dating back to the 14th century.
- “Three Forks” from the Michelin Guide for The Due Torri Lounge & Restaurant.
- 89 individually decorated rooms — all spacious, practical and furnished with rare antiques.
- Connecting and adjoining rooms for family travelers.
- A tranquil Winter Garden with an olive-tree-embellished gazebo ideal for aperitifs.
- Panoramic Terrace and Gourmet Grill Restaurant for dining with sweeping views of Verona’s treasures.
- All rooms with pure linen bed sheets and hypoallergenic duvet; all bathrooms with luxurious marble and Trussardi by home courtesy line.
- Complimentary WiFi in all rooms and common areas.
- Seven meeting rooms, including the Casarini Room with original, circus-themed frescoes by Pino Casarini.
- Valuable 16th-century paintings in the hotel’s public spaces.
- Highly personalized service throughout the guest’s stay.
- Dedicated meetings and incentives team.
- Exceptional concierge staff connecting guests to Verona’s most sought-after events.
Top Verona Selling Points
- A charming destination between Milan and Venice and a short distance from Bologna and Florence. Travel by train from Verona to Rome in no more than 3 hours with the National Fast Train lines.
- The “Capital of Eternal Love,” with a rich literary heritage as the setting of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet; Juliet’s Balcony is a popular attraction for visitors.
- The Arena, renowned as the largest Roman amphitheater open to the public and the site of one of the world’s most important Opera Festivals each summer.
- An exceptional wine and food destination; some of Italy’s most important wines, including Amarone, are produced on the Valpolicella hills surrounding the city.
- An authentic Italian destination with elegant boutiques and great shopping possibilities.
- The Palladian Villas, a collection of wealthy country homes dating to the 16th century on the route from Verona to Venice, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Lake Garda, Italy’s largest lake, is just 20 minutes away.
Click here to check rates and availability or to confirm a reservation at Due Torri Hotel.
|Easter in Verona 2019||View Package|
Click here for a full listing of current promotions at the Due Torri Hotel, Verona.
The Hotel Collection