- Property Description
- Hotel Selling Points
- Destination Selling Points
- Rates & Reservations
- Hotel Promotions
- Location Map
2021 Loved by Guests Award
Customer Excellence Award 2020
~ British Airways Holidays
2020 Travellers’ Choice Award
Set on the historic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel commands views of the working harbor, the Atlantic Ocean and majestic Table Mountain with its iconic flat top. From the hotel’s luxury guest rooms and public spaces, guests can watch ships come and go as they plot the day’s adventures: a stroll around the bustling wharf, perhaps, with its shops, restaurants and entertainment; an excursion to the Cape Winelands; a lazy day on the beach; or a visit to Robben Island, the former prison turned museum that once held Nelson Mandela (who himself opened the Table Bay Hotel in 1997).
Billed as “Cape Town’s best address,” this neo-Victorian hotel is an exceptional choice for couples and family travelers to South Africa. It features 329 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites, three exceptional restaurants, a choice of inviting bars, a heated outdoor pool, and a pampering spa and health club. Cape Town’s most popular attractions are all within easy reach, while back at the hotel, guests can enjoy a five-star dining experience at SIBA The Restaurant, high tea in the Lounge, savor a signature Brasserie Tickles cocktail at the nautical-themed Union Bar, or unwind in the jacuzzi with its spectacular sunset views over the Atlantic Ocean.
SIBA The Restaurant: This 100-seat restaurant of celebrity chef Siba Mtongana boasts magnificent views of Table Mountain and the working port of the Victoria & Albert Waterfront. Here elegance and sophistication balance with touches of Siba’s Eastern Cape childhood heritage to create a welcoming space where guests can choose from four-course or eight-course tasting menus creatively highlighting African food with deliciously satisfying offerings.
The Union Bar: Its walls lined with world maps, this popular nautical-themed Cape Town gathering spot serves creative cocktails such as the signature Brasserie Tickles.
The Atlantic: Cape Town’s best breakfast is complemented by unrivaled views of the harbor and Table Mountain.
The Lounge: A relaxing setting for breakfast, light meals and the hotel’s famous High Tea. The Lounge’s expansive window affords guests spectacular harbor and Table Mountain views.
The Pool Bar: Refreshing drinks and lights snacks are served al fresco in a magnificent poolside setting.
Meetings and Events
The Table Bay hotel can accommodate up to 300 for Cape Town’s most elegant meetings and social affairs. World-class chefs provide catering. There are five sophisticated function spaces, including a ballroom and a pavilion overlooking the harbor to Robben Island, and a business center with three private offices.
Swimming: The Table Bay features a heated outdoor mineral swimming pool and jacuzzi with views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Health Club & Spa: The Camelot Spa pampers guests with a wide variety of personalized beauty and wellness treatments for individuals and couples. The spa includes steam rooms, a hydro bath, laser therapy, and a double treatment room, as well as a gym with qualified personal trainers and views straight out to Robben Island.
Cultural sites: With the help of the hotel’s top-notch concierge staff, Table Bay guests enjoy easy access to Cape Town’s finest attractions – from historic Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned (now a museum), to the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens and Two Oceans Aquarium.
Victoria & Alfred Waterfront: Home to a wealth of shops, eateries and entertainment, plus a point of departure for helicopter tours and boating adventures.
Wine tastings and tours: Sample world-famous wines with tours of the Cape Winelands, including Constantia Valley and Stellenbosch.
Beaches: Cape Town boasts a wide array of beaches, ranging from trendy Camps Bay, ideal for its sunset vistas and nightlife, to St. James with its colorful beach houses.
Golf: The Table Bay hotel can arrange tee times for guests at Cape Town’s top courses, including Steenberg Golf Estate, Erinvale Golf Estate, Pearl Valley, and Royal Cape Golf Club.
Table Mountain: Rising majestically above the harbor, this flat-topped, prominent landmark can be accessed by aerial cableway. Its surrounding reserve is home to a penguin colony, forest, beaches and walking trails.
Top Selling Points of The Table Bay:
- The 100-seat restaurant of celebrity chef Siba Mtongana – SIBA The Restaurant – with magnificent views of Table Mountain and the working port of the Victoria & Albert Waterfront, touches of Siba’s Eastern Cape childhood heritage, and tasting menus that creatively highlight African food with deliciously satisfying offerings.
- Best High Tea Venue in Cape Town: traditional high tea served in The Lounge, famous for its classic décor, timeless finishes and breathtaking grand window on the doorstep of the V&A Waterfront with picture-perfect views of Cape Town harbor.
- Beautiful views of the working harbor and Table Mountain or across the Atlantic Ocean to Robben Island.
- Direct access to Cape Town’s renowned shopping destination, the V&A Waterfront.
- Tailor-made tours at The Table Bay’s travel desk.
- Complimentary hop-on/hop-off luxury shuttle service route to and from Table Mountain for in-house guests.
- Complimentary WiFi access throughout the hotel.
- Best breakfast in Cape Town served daily.
- Versatile, beautifully appointed function rooms are available for conferences, special occasions, weddings and events. The hotel’s world-class chefs cater to impeccable standards.
- Food Foraging: The Executive Chef of Table Bay regular forages for herbs and plants to use in the kitchen, and guests are encouraged to participate in the Table Bay Food Foraging Tour where they can explore all the rich natural ingredients the Cape has to offer.
- Guests enjoy panoramic views of the iconic Robben Island while working out at the gym. Health club and spa facilities include steam rooms, a hydrobath, a boutique gym and double treatment room where top international products and treatments are used.
- 20 minute drive from Cape Town International Airport
Top Selling Points of Cape Town:
- The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront shopping mall provides a luxury retail experience like no other.
- Catch a ferry to Robben Island from the V&A Waterfront and discover the history of iconic SA leader, Nelson Mandela, at this unique heritage site.
- Cape Town’s Beaches: From Camps Bay and Clifton to the warmer family-friendly beaches along the rugged South Peninsula, Cape Town’s beaches are some of the best in the world.
- Table Mountain Cableway: no visit to Cape Town is complete without a trip to the summit of the New 7th Wonder of Nature on the Table Mountain Cableway.
- Cape Winelands: From Constantia to Stellenbosch and beyond, the Cape Winelands are home to top wineries and award-winning wines. Wine tasting tours are bookable through The Table Bay.
- Two Oceans Aquarium: a window into the spectacular oceans surrounding the southern African coast.
- The Company’s Garden: The picturesque garden in Cape Town home to several museums and galleries of historical and cultural importance.
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden: Over 100 years old, the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden conserves and displays the extraordinarily rich and diverse flora of Southern Africa.
- South Peninsula: from Hout Bay to Muizenberg, the South Peninsula offers up dramatic scenery, endless white shores and quirky eateries. Be sure to drive scenic Chapman’s Peak.
- Cape Point: Set in an unspoiled nature reserve, Cape Point is the dramatic promontory where the warm Indian Ocean meets the cold Atlantic.
Click here to check rates and availability or to confirm a reservation at
The Table Bay
Click here for a listing of current promotions at The Table Bay