- Property Description
- Hotel Selling Points
- Destination Selling Points
- Rates & Reservations
- Hotel Promotions
- Location Map
“Majeka House is a seriously good hotel and no detail is left to chance.”
– Travelife Magazine
Best Design Hotel in Africa and the Middle East
– Condé Nast Johansens Awards for Excellence 2017
Tucked in the outskirts of historic Stellenbosch, near numerous vineyards and award-winning restaurants, galleries and shops, the boutique Majeka House makes a bold design statement that belies its intimate scale. Rooms exude comfort and artistic creativity — each uniquely decorated, filled with luxury amenities, and featuring its own terrace or balcony. Among the surprising touches are wooden-floored showers, flat-screen TVs that can be operated from the bath, and poolside rooms that blur the distinction between indoor and outdoor living.
Creating an oasis of calm are Majeka House’s sparkling pool, verdant garden landscaping, koi pond, and an herb garden that supplies the inn’s own award-winning restaurant, Majeka Kitchen. In a region renowned for food and wine, Majeka Kitchen’s authentic and elegant flavors have established the restaurant among the ranks of the very finest.
At the luxurious Majeka Spa, guests can experience South Africa’s first Himalayan Crystal Salt Bed, or tailor their own spa package. In the evenings, Majeka Lounge is the place to gather for cocktails and the finest South African wines as guests recount their day’s adventures, which might include vineyard tours along the famous Stellenbosch wine route, biking, hiking, or venturing into town to explore Stellenbosch’s shop- and cafe-lined streets.
Majeka Kitchen: The multiple-award-winning kitchen features an à la carte style menu in a comfortably elegant atmosphere. The small plate, refined bistro-chic menu highlights hyper-local ingredients, with the chef foraging nearly all of the produce from within a 20 km radius of the kitchen, and the sommelier’s wine picks are the finishing touch to an unforgettable dining experience. Open for dinner.
Majeka Lounge: A “floating menu” is available to enjoy in the stylish lounge or the hotel’s lush garden. Creative light bites and comfort fare share the menu with fresh juice concoctions, perfectly crafted cocktails, and South Africa’s finest wines. Open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
The Majeka Spa offers a tranquil retreat after a day of exploration. Here, expert and attentive spa therapists provide a wide array of treatments, including South Africa’s first Himalayan Crystal Salt Bed; hot stone, deep-tissue and reflexology massages; facials; Africology Skin Adoration wraps and scrubs; and grooming services from manicures and pedicures to waxing and brow/lash tints. Access to the spa’s hydrotherapy facilities is complimentary with each treatment booked, including heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Majeka House features an intimate and exclusive boardroom, with a beautiful table seating up to 16 people. The room is equipped with a large flat-screen television with VGA connection, DVD player, flipchart and pens, whiteboard and pens, and complimentary WiFi. Half- and full-day packages are available, featuring breaks and lunch, and can be adapted to the group’s needs.
The hotel’s reception team can assist guests in arranging any activity desired in and around Stellenbosch. Services range from procuring reservations at sought-after restaurants to arranging wine tours, tastings, sightseeing, adventure activities, bicycle rentals, hiking guides, and much more.
Top Selling Points of Majeka House:
- Voted Best Design Hotel by Condé Nast Johansens 2017
- The hotel grounds are an oasis of calm with a sparkling pool, verdant garden landscaping, a koi pond, and an herb garden that supplies the inn’s own award-winning restaurant.
- All guest rooms are uniquely decorated, filled with luxury amenities, and feature their own terrace or balcony. Unique touches include wooden-floored showers, flat-screen TVs that can be operated from the bath, and poolside rooms that blend indoor and outdoor living.
- Majeka House’s exceptional restaurant, Majeka Kitchen, celebrates hyper-local ingredients, with the chef foraging nearly all of the produce for his contemporary cuisine from within a 20 km radius of the kitchen.
- Modernity and comfort meet at the hotel’s intimate Majeka Lounge, with its French-inspired armchairs, deep-buttoned leather couch, and wood-burning fireplace. Here guests can enjoy pre-dinner cocktails as well as gourmet bar snacks and bistro dishes throughout the day.
- The Majeka Spa offers a tranquil retreat and a wide array of treatments and services. Access to the spa’s hydrotherapy facilities is complimentary with each treatment booked, including heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
- An intimate and exclusive boardroom accommodates up to 16 people, with a flat-screen television with VGA connection, DVD player, flipchart , whiteboard and pens, and complimentary WiFi.
- The hotel’s highly knowledgeable reception team can assist guests in arranging any activity.
Top Selling Points of Stellenbosch:
- One of the most beautiful wine regions in the world, Stellenbosch stands out as the premier wine and food region of South Africa (known as the Wine and Food Capital of South Africa).
- Located on the Western Cape of South Africa, Stellenbosch is surrounded by beautiful mountains and vineyards which offer magnificent views throughout the year.
- The Stellenbosch Wine Routes include more than 150 wineries offering unique cellar-door experiences for the wine-lover and tourist.
- Steeped in history, Stellenbosch is the second oldest town in South Africa after Cape Town.
- Stellenbosch’s historic Dorp Street is a National Monument, with one of the longest rows of historic buildings in South Africa.
- Being a university town, Stellenbosch maintains a youthful vibe.
- A variety of cafés, coffee shops, galleries and small restaurants line the streets in the vibrant town center.
- Stellenbosch’s scenic surroundings and mild weather are conducive to both indoor and outdoor activities, making it a popular sporting destination for adventurers and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages.
- The Stellenbosch Beer Route bids visitors to explore seasonal and South African-hopped ales with a range of taprooms, including family and pet-friendly options.
Click here to check rates and availability or to confirm a reservation at
Click here for a listing of current promotions at Majeka House